Self-Serve Dog Wash
Tired of the back and knee pain, not to mention the mess, of washing your dog in your tub? Use our self-serve dog wash, where everything is provided and we clean up the mess!
No appointment necessary! Our facilities are available on a first come, first served walk-in basis. If your dog does not do well with other dogs, or has special needs or conditions, feel free to call us at 594-5269 (Rockland), 236-3354 (Camden), 930-8100 (Belfast), 660-9200 (Waterville), or Brewer (907-2323) to set up an appointment to come in at a quiet time to assure a good environment for your pup. A clean dog is a happy dog!
Our self-service dog wash includes:
- Elevated tubs
- Waterproof aprons
- Shampoo of your choice
- Fluffy towels
- Automated temperature controlled warm water
- High velocity, pet safe dryer
- An assortment of grooming tools
All dogs are $16.00, regardless of size, coat type, and coat length/condition.
If you bring in two dogs to bathe in the same visit*, you can save $10.00! That’s right, $10.00! And if you have three dogs in one visit*, you can save $15.00! Plus, you still get full credit for each bath on your frequent bather card!
*Multi-dog discount applies if you use the same tub and we do not need to clean tubs between baths.
- All dogs must be on a 6-foot or shorter leash or in carriers at all times and under the control of an adult.
- Pets are not to be left unattended at any time.
- Disruptive and/or aggressive dogs may be asked to leave, at management’s discretion. You may make an appointment to come back before or after regular business hours.
- Children 16 years old and younger must be attended by and under the supervision of a parent or responsible adult at all times.
- Last wash is ½ hour before closing time (we close at 6pm Monday–Friday, 5pm on Saturday and 4pm on Sunday).
- Important Skunk Policy: To ensure a pleasant environment for all, if your dog is sprayed by a skunk, you must first wash your dog thoroughly at least once at home and pass our “sniff test” before we will allow you to use our facility.
At-Home Skunk Remedy
In a plastic bucket, mix well the following ingredients:
- 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid soap
For very large pets, one quart of tepid tap water may be added to enable complete coverage.
Wash pet promptly and thoroughly with the mixture, working the solution deep into the fur. Leave the solution on for about 5 minutes or until the odor is gone. Some heavily oiled areas may require a "rinse and repeat" washing.
Skunks usually aim for the face, but try to keep the solution out of the eyes - it stings. If you have any cuts on your hands you might want to wear latex gloves for the same reason.
After treatment, thoroughly rinse your pet with tepid tap water.
Pour the spent solution down the drain with running water. NEVER, ever, store mixed solution in a closed bottle, sprayer, etc. Pressure will build up until the container bursts, which can cause severe injury.