Do you want to play with puppies and get paid for it?!
Are you looking for a job that is more than just a paycheck? Are you ready to find your work family? Do you want to be excited to come to work because there are nice customers, adorable pets, and a fun atmosphere? Would you like to find a job that you can see yourself in for years or even decades?
If you answered YES! to any of these questions we may have the perfect fit for you! About our Company: Loyal Biscuit Co. is an independent dog and cat supply boutique with six great Maine locations. We are THE destination for the best in healthy, holistic, all-natural food and treats, the best in toys, collars, leashes, beds, and more with over 4,000 hand selected items in our stores. We believe in paying our employees a living wage, providing opportunities to give back to our community and having fun! We will teach you everything you need to know to help our customers make great decisions for their pets.
Hear what our employees say about working at Loyal Biscuit Co.
“Hands down, this is the best job I have ever had!”-Kinley Friend, Shop Associate
“If you decided to work here you would become part of a family not just a job. You get to help people with their pets and the store discount is just the icing on the cake!”-Courtney Demmons, Shop Associate
- Customer Service- Provide outstanding customer service by being aware of customer needs, answering the phone in a professional manner, being friendly to customers and their pets, demonstrating appropriate behavior around customers' pets and assisting customers carrying heavier items to their vehicle and loading it into their vehicles
- Pet Nutrition- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn about pet nutrition and behavior and communicating this information effectively to customers, both in the store and on the phone
- Sales- Perform sales including assisting customers on the floor, ringing up sales, and assisting customers with carrying purchases to cars
- Inventory- Perform duties related to inventory, including receiving items to be sold in the store, tagging of inventory including pricing; restocking and maintenance of inventory; preparing, counting, reconciling, and overseeing of inventory
- Cleaning- Perform daily cleaning duties. Keep the store neat and clean during store hours, including ensuring immediate clean-up of any accidents from a customer's pet
- Merchandising- Arrange and place merchandise on the shelves according to stated store procedures
- Dog Wash- Handle all aspects of the Self-Serve Dog Wash
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to stand on your feet all day
- Part time- 2-3 shifts, 16-24 hours per week, weekends a must
- Flexible schedules available
- Paid training
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Earned Paid Leave
- 401K w/3% match
- Generous store discounts and free food programs